Feel free to browse our Newsletters & Tax Updates section. This information is updated daily.
March 14, 2018
2017 Business Tax Filings – Schedule Your Appointment Now
- The IRS will begin accepting business returns on January 29, 2018 (These include Forms 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return; 1120s, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation; 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income; and 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts). The IRS will also begin accepting Form 1040, U.S. Income Tax return for Individuals, on January 29, 2018.
Now is the perfect time to get started on your 2017 taxes. Tax season is here and we are scheduling appointments to discuss your businesses tax and financial matters. If you would like to set an appointment to meet with us please call (781-582-1136) or email.
Documents needed to complete your tax returns
Below is a list of documents and files we will need to begin work on your businesses tax returns:
- A copy of your QuickBooks or Peachtree/ Sage file (Please provide us with a full backup copy)
- Payroll Documents: 940, 941’s, W-3
- New Equipment Purchases: Please provide us with any purchase & sales agreements for all new equipment purchases
- Accounts Receivable at Year End
- Accounts Payable at Year End
- Year-end statements for all bank accounts
- Year-end statements for all loans: please include year-end balances and interest paid
March 14, 2018
1099's Due 01/31/2018 to the IRS
The IRS requires that all businesses file the applicable 1099 forms by January 31, 2018. If your business has paid $600 or more to an independent contractor, individual, LLC, partnership, vendor, or certain corporations for services (including materials and parts), rents, proceed payments to attorneys, or medical and health care payments then your business is required to file a 1099-MISC.
Be mindful of the related penalties that are associated with failure to file and late filing of these forms, which can reach up to $250.
We provide 1099 preparation services and can assist you with this process. Please contact us for more information.